The Importance Of Continued Care
Orthotics can have a huge impact on your body, and with the right devices you can overcome pain, disabilities, mobility issues, and more. However, they don’t work overnight. An orthosis can take time to truly work as intended, and numerous things can change over time. That’s why our team is committed to providing continued care after the final fitting of your orthotic device.
Continued care includes regular follow up visits with our certified practitioners. While the initial evaluation and fitting of the orthotic device is important the following days, weeks, and months are critical, as well. These follow up visits allow our team to monitor your situation, check on your progress, and ensure that the device is still working to its fullest potential.
During your continued care, some of the things we will be focusing on are listed below.
- Whether or not the device is working properly, and if any adjustments need to be made to improve its functionality.
- If any changes in your condition have manifested themselves. As your body heals, braces and other devices may need to be changed to continue providing you the support you need.
- If various aspects of your life have changed that necessitate a new device. This could include major weight changes, illness, or injuries.
- If the device is causing you pain or discomfort. Orthotics may take time to get use to wearing but should not be painful.
- If you use motorized, advanced orthotic devices, we make sure that all of the moving parts are working, as they should.
These are just a few of the things our team will monitor. One of the most important things to consider is simply how you’re doing, whether or not you’re still comfortable with the device, and whether or not it is providing you the help you need.
It may seem like an unneeded step, but the truth is that we believe our commitment to continued care is one of the most important aspects of what we do. By working with you and your entire care team, we know that we can help you reach your goals no matter what your orthotic needs may be. Whether you’re recovering from a surgery or injury, coping with an illness, or some other issue, we will be with you every step of the way– no matter how long it takes.
Photos used with permission of the following companies: Becker Orthopedic • Cascade DAFO, Inc. • Endolite • Orthomerica Products, Inc. • Össur Americas • Ottobock • Spinal Technology, Inc. • SureStep • Touch Bionics, Inc. • Townsend Design
Courtesy of Spinal Technology, Inc. © 2013.
Courtesy of Orthomerica Products, Inc. © 2013.